vrijdag 12 oktober 2007

Throw it Away


voor Deniece

I think about the life I lead, a figure made of clay.
I think about the things I've lost, the things I gave away.
And when I'm in a certain mood I search the halls and look.
One night I found these magic words in a magic book:

Throw it away, throw it away, give your love,
live your life each en every day.
And keep your hand wide open, and let the sun shine
through, 'cause you can never lose a things if it belongs to you.

There's a hand to rock the cradle,
there 's a hand to help you stand.
There's a gentle kind of motion as it moves across the land.
An the hand's unclenched and open,
gives off life and love it brings
so keep your hand wide open if you're needing anything.

Throw it away, throw it away, give your love,
live your life each and every day.
And keep your hand wide open, and let the sun shine
through, 'cause you can never lose a thing if it belongs to you.
Jazzlied / Cassandra Wilson en Abbey Lincoln

Geen opmerkingen: